Thursday, September 29, 2005

Look out the Ship is Going Down " Titanic"

First I would like to start today's post with a long "S----I----G---H !" So last night we got the phone call from my mother in law . My husband leaves the room and my first thought is, here we go. Let the drama begin. Here is the break down of the story. My husband and I got married in August and now that we have purchased a home his mother has decided to box up ALL is childhood items and sent them my way. Her husband is taking all the necessary test to get his PhD. Hurricane Rita was a concern as he was already worried about his test and wanted to come a day early. We had plans Friday night but being the soft hearted sucker I am I said yea sure come on. He gets here safely and my husband immediately notices the car is full of boxes.
Mind you we have brought some of his stuff before from visits. So here is the slicker he doesn't leave it Friday night. He goes and spends Sat. and Sunday night with my sister in law. He calls Monday saying he is on his way over. He was suppose to spend the night Monday. He comes by ditches the crap and announces he is leaving. I got no warning this crap was coming nor was I asked if it was okay. So here we are. I let my husband know right away I felt taken advantage of. I felt totally disrespected. As if to say I don't care that you are his wife I'm cleaning out my house and you're going to take this stuff. What the f$%% ! Here comes Mr. Nasty I let everybody know I was not happy and this JUNK was out of here. So back to the phone call.
The phone gets handed to me and by the sound of the voice on the other end I'm thinking somebody is dead. My question was if the test and the hurricane were such a concern it took some time to load all that crap up. I felt I was tricked ! I also stated this crap was his before we got married why is it an emergency that he take possession of it NOW !She is crying, my husband is crying very awkward position to be in. She thinks I don't like her and I don't want her to come visit blah blah blah. I told her forget the stuff I had already decided my course of action. Please stop crying ! How all of a sudden did I become the recipient of the Guilt Trip. I'm so not a crier so I don't do well crying. I always feel the Victim Flag is waving high for all to see. So after a Long, Long conversation I finally went to bed. My question is WHEN DOES THE DRAMA END?
I do love my mother in law but I also have to stand my ground. Some of that crap should have seen the trash can a long time ago. She asked if sooner or later my parents would be sending my things. I told her we threw that crap out years ago. My mother kept some things and I have a scrapbook but we don't like clutter at my mothers house. I 'm going to be on the look out for a time machine (Micheal Jackson style) so at certain times I can just transport myself to a tropical island with a good stiff drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home